Saturday, November 24, 2007

Athiest Journey

Not that I'm not already an atheist, Wierd to type that, I'd say I'm an Atheist with a Desire to be Agnostic. Of course that is my Romantic Nature, so my rational mind tells me Atheism is the magic.
As a Preface, I'm going to try and tag these posts about atheism as such, so I wouldn't be offended if you don't read... Whoever you are, I have no intention of convincing anyone, But I felt like it would be interesting to share my Journey with the blog. As I explore Atheism.


If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing Then whence cometh evil?

If He is neither able nor willing Then why call Him God?"
- Epicurus.

My original deviation from God, came when a Sunday school teacher said "There were no Evolution."
At the age of 8, I asked "Well then why are there dinosaurs."
The response was, "There are no dinosaurs."

I thought that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard, I'd seen the Fossils, and stared with fascination at them... My favorite was the Triceratops.

Well.... Work in progress.

No comments: