Monday, November 12, 2007

Gen Y, work.

anyone see 60 minutes
Everyone should know I'm a workaholic. Sure I work-out, and blog, and that is sort of recreational. I've sounded off numerous times about, the idea that the workplace should have a "nap time", or that running off to "yoga" is beneficial.


I've worked some nontraditional workplaces, and I don't see a problem with people taking off to do things they need to for personal reasons. and fitness is compleatly bennifical to the employer, it should be encouraged...

But....

after a while, the problem is that it all becomes a distraction from work, and suddenly you have 10 people getting the work done of 1.

All this talk is just a bunch of "Baby" shit, and honestly we need a good recession and push these kids into unemployment, so that they can realize that, they need to do some fucking work.

I've worked with these "millennials", and only the most 'blue collar' of them have ever been able to keep up with me. and trust me, I've completely slowed down since I was 18.

I've numerous times had to mention that when they are on the clock, it's time for them to earn their keep. The company doesn't pay them to "not work"

sure, I'll grant I work too hard, but how do you fire people for not doing their job, when they come in and don't want to do their job.

IMHO, there is way to much tolerance for this shit, and way to many bosses on Prozac, who don't give a shit...

Just more reason to worry about our economy....

No comments: