Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Economics

As a kid, an early High school kid, I wanted to be rich, there for I felt you had to know about business, and took every business class offered in High school... But I took them as a freshman and sophomore. and then had to broaden my horizons after that. And it was getting boring we always covered the same things.

So, overall it was relegated to the back of my brain, as a sort of engineer that knew way to much about business. Which is a great combination, only when dealing with business men/woman, and they try and offer their 2 cents, and your about 50 cents further ahead.

"Well, this printers are cheep for $100 we can get one for every-ones desk. As opposed to 2 for $2000"

"yes, and that is an ink jet, instead of laser jets. The cost per copy is .01 as oppose to .10 which means instead of $1000 per year on ink, you will spend $10,000. And it doesn't even go to the Money put into servicing them."

But...... I Digress

I love Economics, how the Micro work into the Macro. and how you can use statistics to create models, and yet all off it comes down to "On the one hand you have X, on the other hand you have Y. Will X be greater than the influence of Y? I don't know.


And then the flow of money into and out of markets, how the markets function, and how each ant plays it's roll and overall the whole ant hill gets built.... or bees and beehives.

I certainly have reservations about the way I'm spending my time, Morally, ethically.

But in a way, I start feeling less like a pawn in the system, used and sacrificed for the larger pieces, or one of the more useful pieces on the board. To being a more self determined, unit.

I always just wanted to be a benefit to the world around me, but then I've felt like I'm more of a Sucker that the more elite, take advantage of my good nature, to further advance their means. Though I fell like I'm "Helping" or being a benefit. It's the Elite, who have mastered taking advantage of my good will, and instead of it helping less fortunate, it ends up helping the "more fortunate"... Which actually is Counter to my efforts,

No comments: